**Community Centers are closed until further notice.**
La Mott Community Center (1.273 acres)
Willow and Sycamore Avenues, La Mott
Facilities include: Full indoor basketball court, playground, supervised summer playground program, summer teen enrichment program, indoor recreational and educational programs year-round, senior citizen programs, various health programs, playing field. For further information, call the center's director at 215-635-3255.
History: Once the site of Camp William Penn during the Civil War, this town of La Mott was known as "Camptown." It was renamed La Mott to honor Lucretia Mott, a well-known abolitionist who lived here. The La Mott Grammar School was built in 1879 to encourage the purchase of real estate in the area. It closed in 1940, and reopened in 1941 as a community center to serve area residents.
Myrtle and Elm Avenues, Cheltenham
Facilities include: Indoor instructional and recreational programs year-round, full indoor basketball court, playground, supervised summer playground program, senior citizen programs, parking area. For further information, call the Center's Director at 215-379-2233.
History: Built in 1915 by the Cheltenham Township School District as an elementary school, it was named in honor of Thomas Rowland, an influential Cheltenham resident in the 1800's. The building and surrounding grounds were purchased by the Township from the School District when the school closed in 1977.