Opened in 2006, the Curtis Dog Park in the lower level of Curtis Arboretum, located at 1250 W. Church Road (at Greenwood Avenue) in Wyncote, offers over an acre of fenced area for our four-legged friends to run and play off-leash. The park includes a pooper-scooper bag dispenser, benches and a separate enclosure for small breeds.
Sunrise to Sunset
Dog Park Rules
- Owners/Handlers must remain with their dogs within fenced areas at all times.
- Owners/Handlers must clean up after their dogs immediately.
- Park users & dog Owners/Handlers assume all risks related to park use.
- Dogs must be kept on leash until inside the dog park.
- No prong, pinch, choker or spike collars are permitted in the dog park.
- Owners/Handlers must be within visual sight and voice control of their dogs at all times.
- Maximum of 3 dogs per Owner/Handler in main area.
- No food is allowed.
- Dogs, Owners/Handlers and all others showing bad behavior or aggression toward people or other animals must leave the dog park immediately.
- Dogs in heat or under 6 months old are not permitted in the dog park.
- All dogs using the dog park must be healthy, properly licensed, and have current inoculations. Dogs must wear collars with license, rabies tags and rescue information.
- This area is for dog play not child play. Children under age 6 must be within arms reach of an adult at all times. Children ages 6-13 must be under strict supervision of an adult in the dog park at all times. No vehicles or children’s toys are permitted.
- Violators will be subject to removal from the park and/or fines.
- Cheltenham Township has the authority to close the site at any time including but not limited to maintenance, inclement weather/turf conditions and special permit.
This Dog Park is administered by the Parks and Recreation Department (215-887-6200, ext. 227). This Dog Park works because we all love our pets and enjoy being able to play together in our Dog Park. Let’s have fun playing with our four-footed and two-footed friends. Let common sense, common courtesy and friendliness prevail.
Cheltenham Township Ordinance No. 2111-06
Friends of Curtis Dog Park
If you are interested in joining or supporting the Curtis Dog Park, please contact Parks and Recreation Director, Brian Hinson.