Do You Know How to Stay Informed about Township News and Events?
news and information can be found on our website, cable channels,
Facebook sites, Instagram and Twitter! Sign up for news right to your
email inbox or sign up for emergency alerts through the Ready Notify
Check out our Hot Topics webpage with links to updates on on-going projects.
News & Events Right to Your Email Inbox
Sign up for our E-Notifications to have news and information sent right to your email inbox
Sign up for the Historical Commission Newsletter
Sign up for 24/7 Emergency Notifications to your home, mobile or business phones; email addresses, and/or text messages at www.ReadyNotifyPA.org (Montgomery County).
Cheltenham Township Police Department
Cheltenham Township Emergency Management
Cheltenham Township Environmental Advisory Council
Cheltenham Township (cheltenhamtwp)
Cheltenham Township Police Department (cheltTwpPD)
Cheltenham Township Environmental Advisory Council (cheltenhamEAC)
Cheltenham Township Facebook Policy
The purpose of the Cheltenham Township (“Township”) Official page on Facebook is to present information about the Township’s programs, activities and news. The site is not monitored 24/7. Report emergencies by calling 9-1-1.
Comments posted to the site do not serve as communication to, or formal notification to, the Township about concerns or requests. To officially report a concern or request to the Township or present any other matter, call 215-887-1000, email [email protected] or participate in Township public monthly meetings which are listed on the Township website.
The Township reserves the right to, but has no responsibility to, immediately remove comments that include, or are capable of being reasonably perceived as:
- Comments not expressly limited to the topic of the post being commented upon.
- Hate speech (comments that promote, foster or perpetuate discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, age, religion, gender, marital status, national origin, disability or sexual orientation).
- Incitement to imminent lawless action.
- Solicitations to commit, or speech integral to, criminal conduct.
- Speech presenting a grave and imminent threat.
- Fighting words.
- True threats.
- Defamation (libel/slander).
- Promotion or advertisement of a business or commercial transaction.
- Promotion in favor of, or in opposition to, a candidate campaigning for election to a political office, a ballot measure, or a political organization.
- Copyrighted or trademarked material (if posted without the copyright holder’s consent).
- Information that may tend to compromise the safety or security of the public or public systems.
- “Robo spam” and/or comments by “social bots” (i.e. content posted by automatic software programs, or “bots”).
The Township is not responsible for, and neither endorses nor opposes, public comments placed on this site. Commenters are personally responsible for their own comments, username, and/or any information placed on this page by the commenter. The Township does not monitor this page on a continuous basis and may or may not remove any particular material at any time or ever. The Township expects that commenters be courteous and civil towards others in their comments.
All comments to this site may be subject to the Pennsylvania Right-to-Know Law as well as discovery in litigation. Comments to the site may be retained by the Township, in its discretion and as required by applicable law or Township policy.
Any advertisements appearing on this site are not controlled by the Township and do not reflect any endorsement by the Township. Facebook, Inc. owns and operates facebook.com and has its own policies and standards concerning what may, and may not, be posted and the actions that it may take with regard to unauthorized posts. See “Facebook Community Standards” at www.facebook.com/communitystandards/.
Amended October 2016