Chelten Hills Drive, Elkins Park
Facilities include: Open space, natural area.
History: Acquired in parcels by the Township from 1928 through 1944 for the purpose of providing open space. Once called "Chelten Hills Drive Bird Sanctuary," it was renamed in 1988 in tribute to a life-long Cheltenham resident and long time president of the Wyncote Bird Club. Mr. Parry was also a leader in environmental and conservation
Glenside Avenue and Rices Mill Road, Glenside
Facilities include: Open space and natural area.
History: A gift to the Township in 1956 from Standard Press Steel (now SPS Technologies), it has been maintained in its natural state for preservation of wildlife and open space. It was named for the first president of the Wyncote Bird Club, a long-time resident of the Township.